Jones Field, the local Bonham airport, housed the Bonham Aviation School during World War II. In July of 1941 buildings were erected to house 200 airplanes and a number of cadets that numbered as high as 800 at one time.
The first cadets arrived on October 1, 1941. The unit at Jones Field was the 302nd Squadron of the Army Air Force. From 1941 through the fall of 1944 more than 5,000 pilots graduated.
The Museum's Jones Field Room contains many memorabilia of Jones Field, including the PT-19 Fairchild airplane.
Fannin County Museum of History
One Main Street, Bonham, Texas
Read about the Pre-WWII days of Jones Field.